Golf Course Programs
In 2021, First Tee – Indiana hosted 160+ class sessions at 59 golf courses with over 3,000 youth participating. First Tee Playing Leagues were offered at seven locations throughout the summer months as well. We have something for everyone! Below are some common questions that parents ask while preparing to register. When you are ready, click on the links to the location page to find the schedule of class sessions nearest to you. All registrations will close the evening before the first class takes place. If you would like to join the class after the registration has closed, please contact the coach and ask if you may register on site at the first class.
First Tee – Indiana offers scholarships to kids on a need basis. Our goal, as a community, is to ensure every kid has a place to learn, have fun, and cultivate friendships. If you want to apply for a scholarship, you will have the option to do so during the on-line registration process. Any questions, please contact Luci Ross at [email protected].
Advancing through the First Tee Program
At each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program.
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and characters commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my child eligible for a scholarship to attend classes?
All participants are eligible to receive full scholarships to our programs. This can be done through the registration process in the Financial Aid section. We never want cost to be a barrier in keeping your participant away from learning the game of golf. Please contact Luci Ross, [email protected] with questions regarding scholarships.
Will my child need clubs to participate?
No. We will provide clubs for any and all participants that need them throughout our classes. You will be able to note this in the registration process.
How much does a class cost?
Cost varies based on the location and duration of the class.
Having trouble registering your child?
If you’re having trouble registering your child, follow this link to get to a step by step guide.
Become a Volunteer
We are always looking for volunteer coaches to join us. Parents are welcome to be volunteer coaches as well. You do not have to be a great golfer. All we ask is that our volunteers have a passion for youth. Interested? Click here to learn more.