On the Golf Course
At First Tee – Indiana, we’re Building Game Changers by empowering kids and teens to be the best version of themselves.
By seamlessly integrating the game of golf with character-building, we create learning experiences that help kids uncover their inner strength, self-confidence, and resilience that they can carry to everything they do.
Our trained coaches not only provide an introduction to junior golf and an opportunity to enhance golf skills, but they also create a safe, supportive, and empowering environment to help your child prepare for life ahead, including friendships, school, college and even their careers.
Through our program, kids will learn skills that stay with them for life:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
- Golf fundamentals and advanced techniques
Advancing through the Program
At each age group, participants engage with the 5 Key Commitments: Pursuing Goals, Growing through Challenge, Collaborating with Others, Building Positive Self-Identity, and Using Good Judgement, while focusing on mastering golf fundamentals and building upon a golf skill foundation as they advance within the program.
- Be active and have fun with peers in a safe and encouraging manner
- Build inner strength and self-confidence
- Learn to play golf
- Focus on building relationships with other players while exploring the game of golf
- Explore character concepts in active and collaborative ways that are valuable on and off the course
- Develop golf skills and enthusiasm for the game
- Support positive Game Changing behaviors in fun and meaningful ways
- Explore both golf skills and characters commitments while having fun with peers
- Provide opportunities to demonstrate mastery and growth in golf skills and abilities
- Support growth and development of early adolescents
- Build character and support personal development
- Develop additional golf skills and abilities
- Look toward their future and plan their own paths
- Evaluate, reflect, and apply their understanding of life and golf skills to new situations on and off the course
Finding a program for you
As we prepare to begin registration for our 2022 season. We ask that you take a few moments to learn about some upcoming changes to our classes. Beginning in 2022, First Tee will be reformatting its classes to be delivered by age, much like other youth programs. Classes will now be broken up as follows:
- 7-9: Early Elementary School-Aged
- 10-11: Older Elementary School-Aged/Early Adolescence
- 12-13: Middle School/Early Adolescence
- 14+: High School/Middle Adolescence (*still enrolled in high school)
You may be wondering why we are making this change from our current format. As an organization, we are always striving to create a better and more impactful experience for your child through research and feedback. By delivering our program to participants of the same age range, our goal is to create programs and experiences that are just as fun as they are meaningful, where kids feel excited to grow, safe to fail, and better equipped for whatever comes their way next.
First Tee – Indiana has nearly 60 golf course locations across the State offering programs throughout the year. Each location is a bit unique in it’s schedule but the core components of the First Tee remain the same. Learn more about our 2022 programs by clicking on the 2022 Programs tab below and learn more about our First Tee locations by visiting our individual Program Location pages.
2022 Program Locations
Visit our program location community pages for class listings and local information.
The First Tee App
Participants enrolled in our on-course programs can keep playing and learning with us through the First Tee App!
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for more information, to learn more about advancing through the program and read some frequenly asked questions.